Saturday, October 31, 2009
Sorry for the short post, but we have lots to do this weekend, so I need to go get started. Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
While he was out of town earlier this week, she and I worked on our projects for his birthday. This is the card I made him. Super simple and masculine. I used Unity stamps (Whimsical Birthday and Simple Life; the inside of the card has Little Reminders and Enjoy Your Story...laugh) and left it embellishment free - he's a no-muss no-fuss kind of guy. He never minds the frillies, but I figured for his birthday I'd do something geared towards him :)
Now, back to work on his squash book! I'll have pics soon! Have a great day! Oh - I have an article on Craft Critique today, so go check it out if you have a chance! It's about the Zentangle kit - awesome product!
- Cardstock/Paper: Prismatics Vanilla Cream, Spring Willow Medium, Tawny Medium, Crate Paper dp
- Stamps:Assorted Unity stamps, listed above
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Frayed Burlap, Adirondack Pesto
- Tools: Sponge
- Accessories: none
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I made her a little vintage, and not so Christmas-y. Once I adhered the lace to the larger panel, it looked too bright, so I peeled it off and sponged it with Tim Holtz Distress ink. That helped! My dp is by Daisy D's and I don't think they make it anymore. I got it forever ago at Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Bummer, huh?
Be sure to stop by the other Flutter By blogs, to see what they have created! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
- Cardstock/Paper: Prismatics Vanilla Cream, SU River Rock, Sage Shadow, Daisy D's dp
- Stamps: LAD Christmas Wishes
- Ink: SU Sage Shadow, Tim Holtz Distress Frayed Burlap
- Tools: Sponge
- Accessories: Lace
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Each layer is sponged and the ovals were cut with my Nesties. It is very hard to tell in this picture but the tree has Pink Poinsetta Shimmerz on it. Did you know you can purchase Shimmerz Paints at Lizzie Anne Designs?
The tree is topped by a star with yellow stickles, and decorated with pink stickles on the branches. I finished the card off with a bit of striped ribbon. I love the cheerfulness of this card!
- Cardstock/Paper: Regal Rose, Green Galore, Whisper White
- Stamps: LAD Deck the Halls, Christmas Wishes
- Ink: Regal Rose, Green Galore
- Tools: Nesties, Sponge, Shimmerz, Stickles
- Accessories: ribbon
Monday, October 26, 2009
YOU could enter to be a guest Rockstar for LAD! How much fun is that?? Read all about it on the LAD Blog (and get the link to the email addy you need) Here are the deets:
We are on the lookout for our FIRST Guest ROCKSTAR Stamper...and it could be you! Your extra challenge -- if you choose to accept it -- is to share with us your take on this sketch challenge or any other past LAD sketch challenge and show us why you are a rockstar! If you are chosen, you will get to choose a stamp set of your choice! We'll send you the stamps and feature the samples you make on our company blog and in Lizzie Anne Land. And of course you'll receive all the fame of being an honorary LAD Rockstar! :)
So the question here is...are you a Lizzie Anne Rockstar??!
Ways to enter: You can email us a picture of your challenge card OR post it to Lizzie Anne Land OR your blog. Make sure to email us a link wherever you post so we see it! The deadline to enter is October 31st.
- Cardstock/Paper: Prism Sugar Cream; LAD Winter Wonderland dp
- Stamps: LAD Deck the Halls
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, River Rock
- Tools: Copics, Sponge, White Gel Pen, Nesties
- Accessories: ribbon
Saturday, October 24, 2009
I used my Lizzie Anne stamps to give me some people and some accessories. I stamped, colored, cut out, and stuck on popsicle sticks in less than 2 hours. Not bad, I thought! Of course, now she wants more!! The next step is to get one of those three section posterboards like kids use for science fair projects and create a whole background for her. One side will have an ocean scene, woods on another, and a field of flowers on the third. That might take a couple more weeks, though!
She's been happily playing for over an hour already this morning, so I'm counting this as a success. What an easy and inexpensive project for her!
- Cardstock/Paper: GP White
- Stamps: LAD Aloha, By the Sea, Giddyup Girl, Little People, Happy Harvest, Once Upon a Time
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: Copics
- Accessories: popsicle sticks
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I used the newly released LAD set Christmas Magic for this card. It's part of the Katie Jane collection, which I absolutely adore. I stamped the sentiment repeatedly on the card base (thank goodness for the stamp-a-ma-jig!) and sponged the card edges. On the long piece I used a Martha Stewart edge punch and sponged the edges again.
My image panel and mat were made with Nesties and were also sponged. I stamped the present on a scrap piece, colored it with Copics, cut it out, and adhered it. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig again for the "Believe" sentiment and used Dew Drops to balance it out.
- Cardstock/Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
- Stamps: LAD Christmas Magic
- Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Brown Stazon
- Tools: sponge, Copics (E33, E31, RV11), Martha Stewart edge punch, stamp-a-ma-jig
- Accessories: Dew Drops
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
If you've never made one before you should try it! Just buy a pre-made notebook, and remover the coils from the top. Cut your piece of cardstock or dp to the proper size (this one is about 3"x5") and adhere it. Then use your Cropadile to punch holes in it. Decorate as you wish, and when you are all finished, wind the coils back through! You can finish it in less time than it takes to make a card! Here is another one I made, with a Halloween theme.
I'm planning on making lots of these for Christmas gifts, along with a matching pen. They also are great to have on hand for last minute gifts!
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter dp, Basic Black, GP White
- Stamps: LAD A Harvest of Memories
- Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
- Tools: Circle Punches, markers
- Accessories: Primas, Stickles
Monday, October 19, 2009
I layered two pieces of Basic Grey's Infuse dp, and used a Martha Stewart edge punch on the more solid colored piece. I love the way that turns out!!
I watercolored my main image (from LAD's Gettin' Hitched). The rear window has Ranger glssy effects on it.The sentiment is from LAD's Everyday Sayings set. On the inside of the card, I used their Valentine's Day sentiment, and just left off the part I didn't need!
- Cardstock/Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Watercolor, Basic Grey Infuse dp
- Stamps: LAD Gettin' Hitched, Everyday Sayings, Valentine's Sentiment
- Ink: Brown Stazon, River Rock, Choc Chip, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink
- Tools: Sponge, Aquapainter, Nesties, Circle Punches, Martha Stewart edge punch
- Accessories: Ranger Glossy Effects, Ribbon
Saturday, October 17, 2009
I colored the image with SU markers and Copics - which I don't normally do but I didn't have a Copic or combo of Copics that would achieve the dark burgundy I needed. I sponged the edge of the image and sentiment panels with gray ink.
My favorite thing about this card, well the picture actually, is that I took it using my new Ott Lite! What do you think? I love that I can take pics anytime now - what a bonus! And I love the design of it - it takes up no space on my table! Yay!
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic gray, Bravo Burgundy, Confetti White, Groovy Guava, DCWV dp
- Stamps: LAD A Harvest of Memories, Pilgrim Girl
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray
- Tools: Copic Markers (C5, 0, E00, E02, Y11), SU Markers, Sponge
- Accessories: Dew Drops
Friday, October 16, 2009
This is one of the samples I made with the October Monthly Mix from Lizzie Anne Designs - A Harvest of Memories. I made my favorite fold - the joy fold. Have a great day, and wish me luck!
- Cardstock/Paper: True Thyme, Bordering Blue, Basic Grey Granola dp
- Stamps: LAD A Harvest of Memories
- Ink: True Thyme, Bordering Blue
- Tools: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Tag Punches, Cropadile, Bone Folder
- Accessories: Brown Twill Ribbon, Eyelet, Button Thread
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
For this week's Flutter By Wednesday card, I went all Christmas-y! I dug out one of the first Lizzie Anne Designs stamps I ever got, the fairy, and paired with with a sentiment from one of their newly released sets, Christmas Magic.
I used some old cardstock I've been hoarding - I love the warm vintage colors. I ran the mat layer through my Cuttlebug using the snowflakes folder, and cut the watercolor paper panel out with Nestabilities. I embossed the edge, and used a Sakura Glitter Pen to highlight it. My fairy is watercolored using ink and an aquapainter.
All around fairly simple, but sweet and fun! I think I might make a few of these for holiday cards! Be sure to visit the other Flutter By girls to see their beautiful creations! The links are to the right, in the sidebar :) Have a great day!!
- Cardstock: Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme, FM Watercolor
- Stamps: LAD Fairy, Christmas Magic
- Ink: Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: Nesties Labels 4, Sakura Glitter Pen, Aquapainter, Copic Marker E00
- Accessories: Brown Twill Ribbon
I'm so sorry I disappeared!! My internet went out for a bit, and then I just got sidetracked by life and by doing around-the-house stuff and before I knew it it'd been 2 weeks since I posted anything!! Yikes!
Here is a quick card I made this morning using and old favorite of mine from Lizzie Anne Designs - the Happy Harvest set. I think this is one of my all time favorite pumpkin images. It completely cries out "watercolor me!!!!"
I started out following this week's LAD Sketch, which is super cute. But when I put it all together, I liked it better without the two side squares. So I'll have to make another card to go with the sketch - oops! I'll just use it as an excuse to have to stamp ;)
- Cardstock: Vintage Violet, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, FM Watercolor
- Stamps: LAD Happy Harvest
- Ink: Brown Stazon
- Tools: EK Success Border Punch
- Accessories: Gold Gel Pen, Creme Grosgrain Ribbon, Aquapainter