28 January 2010

Call Me!

The other day my bestest girlfriends and I were discussing our aversion to the phone - more than a few of us avoid it! We text, IM, chat on Facebook and Splitocaststampers, and email like crazy. But actually call someone - no way! We will call each other, but not the "grown up" calls that are no fun (utility company, doctor's office, etc). It is so amusing to me that we all have so many funny little quirks in common.

This card was inspired by them, and one of them will end up with it I'm sure. I used an image from the January 2010 monthly mix, From the Heart. I've been trying to figure out how to use this phone and sentiment since I got the stamps a while ago. I *never* want anyone to call me. I usually let people leave me a message, and then try to figure out how I can get back to them by text or email. I'm odd, I know!

I hope my girlfriends are as amused by this as I am ;) They all share my sense of humor, so they should get it!

Materials:

  • Cardstock/Paper: SU Old Olive, Bordering Blue, Basic Black, Prismatics White, Basic Grey dp (Offbeat)
  • Stamps: LAD From the Heart
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools & Accessories: nesties, cuttlebug, ribbon, white gel pen, black zig pen, copics

5 comments:

StampinBB said...

Love the card, T!!! I'm avoiding "grown up" phon calls at this very moment. LOL

Tiffany said...

Adorable, soo cute Taylor!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Victoria said...

Too funny. I like talking on the phone but then I get two kids wanting in on the action. Not so much fun.

Texas Shadow said...

love it! too freaking funny!

Helen said...

Gorgeous, as usual!