18 February 2010

Cameo Crab - a DT Challenge!


It's challenge time at 2 Cute Rubber Stamps! Heidi drew us this adorable Happy Crabby image, which is available in digi format, and asked us all to make a card with it. What fun! The coolest part is that starting today YOU can download the digi image for *free* and enter to win a great prize from 2 Cute Rubber Stamps! You'll have 2 weeks to download the image and create a card.

I made a 6" x 6" card with my image. I printed out the crab several times so I could layer it the way I wanted to. On the base layer I used Versamark ink and Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing Powders to create the sand. I masked the bottom half (including the crab) and sponged on two shades of blue ink for the sky. Finishing off my card is a sentiment from Lizzie Anne Designs' set Shore Thoughts. I'm pretty sure it is retired now but I still love it!



I cut out his claws separately and adhered them to the base layer. I cut out the body of the crab and popped it up on dimensionals; the bucket was done the same way. I colored them with Copics.

This was such a fun challenge - be sure to stop by the 2 Cute blog to see what the other Cuties came up with! And don't forget to download your digi and create something fab -- we can't wait to see it!!!!

Materials:

  • Cardstock/Paper: Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, Soft Sky, Prismatics White
  • Stamps: 2Cute Happy Crabby, LAD Shore Thoughts
  • Ink: printer, Soft Sky, Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, Versamark
  • Tools & Accessories: ribbon, SU edge punch, MS edge punch, Copics, Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder - frayed burlap and antique linen, glitter skittles, sponge

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That little crab is so stinkin' cute, you are having lots of fun with these images!! Loving the sentiment too!

Jennifer said...

Too cute. I love how you did the sand. Way cool.

jen

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, how cute!