15 November 2011

Autumn Thank You

Today the design team from Gourmet Rubber Stamps is sharing a fun color challenge we all got together and participated in.  We were given a gorgeous fall photo to use as a starting point, and asked to make a project using the colors; as a twist we've all made things with a "thank you" theme.

I incorporated the blue through my patterned paper, and tried to keep the nature theme.  I love that Gourmet Rubber Stamps is now selling so many stamps from Lizzie Anne Designs!  I pulled out two sets that were retired long ago - now that they are current again I've been itching to ink them up! This card features Shapes & Stitches, one of the first sets I ever bought from Lizzie Anne Designs (wow, that feels like so long ago!).

This set is so super useful.  It's great for faux stitching, quick sentiments, basic shapes, creating patterns...I'm SO glad it's unretired! I paired with a beautiful leaf from the Au Naturale set. 


How gorgeous is this set?  I love the font for the sentiments.  During the month of November most stamps and sets are on sale 25% off - it's the "Black November" sale.  Go stock up now!  And be sure to check out what my fellow teammates created for our challenge today. You can see them all on the Gourmet Rubber Stamps blog!

I also combined this challenge with the newest itinerary over at Desert Island Crafters - from the itinerary I used ribbon (ok, it's jute), trees (another stretch - they are leaves!), and fussy cutting.  You should come play along with us!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Au Naturale, Shapes & Stitches (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Card Stock: Kraft (Bazzill), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Patterned Paper: Pyrus (Basic Grey)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Accessories: Jute

10 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

This is beautifully evocative (big word for the day) of fall! Great paper and love the dangling leaf!

joslyn said...

that paper goes perfect with the challenge. Love the thank you strip as well!

carter said...

Wow could that paper have been more perfect? I love seeing you breaking out the classic Lizzie Anne sets!

Deb said...

Gorgeous, Taylor! LOVE this paper, so perfect for this inspiration photo!

chickadee3357 said...

Looks great! Love that thank you border stamp and the pp is lovely!

Jennifer said...

I love the gentle warmth from your card. Great way to showcase your leaf and sentiment.

Kendra said...

Oh so pretty! I love how you used the border set and you pulled the colors from the challenge PERFECTLY!

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

beautiful

Rose Ann said...

Your card is perfect, Taylor!! I love the papers, trimmed leaf, and your Jute give that perfect outdoorsy feel!! Way to use those wonderful older sets as well!! ☺

Joy said...

this is gorgeous Taylor!