10 November 2011

Gingerbread Houses!

I have something SUPER fun to share with you today!!  The Design Divas from Creative Cuts and More have put together a fun blog hop to show off a new addition to the store...the Gingerbread House Chipboard Album!  I'm sharing my basic album today (note: there are three kits total - in addition to this basic one, there is a deluxe kit and an ultimate deluxe kit) - my inside pages are covered with paper, but not all jazzed up with pictures and prettiness yet.  You'll have to come back in a few weeks for those! 

If you are just stopping by today, I encourage you to head over to the Creative Cuts and More blog to check out all the stops on the hop (they are also listed below).  You should also check out this amazing video, which will tell you ALL about the album kit!
This kit includes everything you need to create a basic album: three chipboard houses and three large chipboard pages to mount them on, five chipboard insert pages, an assortment of chipboard gingerbread people (in various sizes), candy canes, and the "frosting" edges (see the product description for specifics). 
I covered each page of my album using patterned paper and Mod Podge (who can survive without that stuff??).  To give all of my pages and my house a "frosted" feel, I swiped on some white acrylic paint. 
My daughter is my assistant on gingerbread house duty, so it seemed fitting that she had some input on the album that our pics would go in this year.  She wanted a line of gingerbread people, like our family, for the front cover (I'm supposed to point out that two of us are girls, and two of us are boys!).  So I added four little gingerbread sweeties - I doodled on them with a white gel pen.  My large sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with Embossing Tinsel - it's a glitter/embossing powder mix. LOVE it!
I painted my chipboard frosting edges with white paint, and then added a coat of sparkly Hologram glitter paint on top to give it some sheen.  Can you see the sparkle in the picture above?  I hope so!
My middle house divider (one serves as the front cover, one serves as a divider amongst the 5 pages, and one is the back cover) has a bit of sparkle and pizzaz.  I once again painted these papers to give it a more frosted look. 
I left these chipboard frosting pieces plain, and used a glue pen to add glitter to the candy canes and shaved ice along the roof line, as well as the lower area of the house. 
My back cover (you decorate the inside back cover) has the Shaved Ice again, but in smaller lines.  I added a velvet Christmas tree sticker to the house as well.
See how it looks like the snow is just starting to fall?  I love that!!!  Now on to the details of today's hop...and yes, there IS a prize!

Here are the Design Divas hopping along today, and sharing some amazing inspiration with one of the three types of Gingerbread Album Kits:

Fern 

Creative Cuts and More will be giving away a Gingerbread House Album Chipboard Kit worth $12.99 In order to win the kit, you must
1. HOP through AND comment on each blog - please make sure the Blog Hop is LIVE, THEN come back to the Die Cut Diva blog and let us know you did so!
2. For another chance, follow the Die Cut Diva blog
3. For another chance, become a Fan on Facebook
4. For another chance, spread the word about our Blog Hop on your blog!



Supplies: 
Stamps: Believe in Santa (Stampendous) 
Album Kit: Gingerbread House Chipboard Album collection (Creative Cuts and More) 
Patterned Paper: Christmas Collection (American Crafts) 
Ink: Versamark Accessories: Shaved Ice, Vintage Mahogany Embossing Tinsel, Crystal Glitter Multi Medium, RicRac Borders Stickers, Stackable Trees Stickers (all by Stampendous); Signo White Gel Pen; misc. ribbon; library rings. Mod Podge (Plaid), Misty White Acrylic Paint; Holgram Glitter Acrylic Paint (Plaid) 
Tools: crop a dile, heat gun

20 comments:

Dawn said...

Well, you and your Assitant did a very fine job! so cute! love the distressed look

Dee in N.H. said...

Nice job by both of you!! Love the colors and the way you frosted it to look all wintery and Christmasy!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Love the white snow and papers! LOVELY work!!!

Nora Anne said...

You and your daughter did a fabulous job! I love the big Believe sentiment on the front and the frosted effect from the acrylic paint! FUN :)

Korin said...

Taylor, this turned out so cute! Love the frosted look :)!!

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful work. I love how you distressed the pages.

Edwina said...

I love your album! I espcially like the red ric rak for the sidewalk for the gingerbread people. It leads your eye right to the house. Which is adorable! I love the pokadot paper. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Trisha said...

I love your album, Taylor. The lighter colors are awesome and love the snowy feel. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

ferrellgraph-x said...

I love your gingerbread album! It is so fabulous! It had to be so fun putting it together!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is like "WOW"!!!! Fantastic!

Fern said...

Taylor, I love the frosted look!!! It does look like it's snowing!!! And the little gingerbread family on the cover is too cute!!! Hugs!!!

Holly said...

Oh CUTE!!!! Love the "blowing snow" look on your houses and pages!

A Scrap-a-Teeny Girl said...

Very sweet! I really like the the dry brush strokes!

Batangas City real estate said...

Job well done. These gingerbread houses are very pretty!! A perfect gift for our kids.

Sue D said...

This is so cute!!

Noelle Reese said...

How darling! You girls did a great job!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I love the white paint on your gingerbread house! Fabulous album. :)

lisa808 said...

Wow--you and your assistant did a fab job.

Patti J said...

Fabulous album, Taylor! I love, love, love, that you made it look all snowy! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, I got the chills just looking at the snowy look on your house and album! This is just soooo cute. I can't wait to hop around and see what the others have come up with!

Chris R. from Iowa