24 November 2011

Thank You Gifts

Hello everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Today happens to be my day to do a Tips and Tricks feature over on the Skipping Stones Design blog, so I figured I'd post it here, too.  I'm going to share a few quick ideas for hostess gifts.  I don't know about you, but I always need quick and easy gifts to give once the holiday season gets started.  All of my projects are Thanksgiving themed, but can be adapted to any holiday or occasion.  Let's get started!
First I made a few quick gift tags.  I cut my card stock and rounded the top corners.  I added an eyelet and tied a bit of jute through it, leaving it large enough to hang the tag around a bottle or add it to a wrapped present.  I used the Everyday Blessings set to make these tags thank you themed; gift tags are super useful to give to people!
Next I made another kind of gift tag, using a large doily die and the Everyday Blessings set again.  You could use store-bought doilies for this, which would make them even quicker to make!  I tied a loop of jute through these as well.  I figured they could be gift tags for larger gifts or to use with gift bags.
Finally, I made a set of super CAS cards to give to a hostess.  Pairing the Everyday Blessings set (I really love it!) with the versatile Timeless Textures set, I created a warm kraft card that only takes a minute to make.

I hope these projects have given you some ideas about what to take when you go visiting this holiday season!  Enjoy your time with family and friends, and eat lots of turkey today!

Supplies: Stamps: Card Stock: Patterned Paper: Ink: Coloring Medium: Accessories: Tools:

7 comments:

Wendy said...

These are fabulous ideas Taylor!! Thanks for the loads of inspiration!! I hope you and your family have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Taylor, I've seen your work everywhere and they are just stunning! I'm honored to be designing alongside you at Stampendous and I'm looking forward to getting to know you! Have a great Thanksgiving. Hugz, Steph

Jennifer said...

These are just wonderful! Love the simple yet stunning stamps!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Simply amazing, Taylor! Gorgeous work!!

Jan Marie said...

Sweet!! Love the CAS . .and the krafty kraft!! Blessings!

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

beautiful

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Love these tags! What great quick and easy gift set ideas!