04 April 2012

Happy (Early) Birthday, Korin!

I'm a day early with a very special early birthday surprise....tomorrow is my dear friend Korin Sutherland's birthday!  I wanted to get together a group of her friends for a fun virtual birthday party, but since tomorrow is the fantastic April Release Blog Hop for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, I didn't want to take the spotlight from that.  After all, our sweet girl deserves her OWN day in the spotlight!  So today, please join us as we celebrate Korin's birthday a little early! After all - you can never have too much celebration, can you?!?!


I used the brand new Bee Happy Rhubarb set (it'll be available for sale tomorrow night!) to make Korin's birthday card; I also used it as my sketch challenge sample since it is my week to host the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I adore the way this card turned out - black and yellow is such a fun color combo!  Keep an eye on your mailbox, Korin....he's on his way to you!

Below is the whole birthday party train....prepare yourself for some fantastic cupcakes and ice cream from these talented ladies!!

Taylor Usry (you are here)

And feel free to leave Korin some early birthday love, either on her blog, her Facebook page, or the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Facebook page!  And as a special bonus, if you leave her some love on this picture on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps FB page, you could win a $34 store gift certificate in honor of her birthday!

I'm a big believer in party favors - who doesn't love free goodies?  To celebrate both Korin's birthday and my one year anniversary as part of the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps team (it was in March, but I delayed my celebration a smidge) I'm also going to give away ONE free clear stamp set (winner's choice) from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps to a random commenter on this blog post :)  You have until Sunday, April 7 to comment; I'll post a winner on Monday the 8th! 

Thanks to all of the sweet ladies who came together to celebrate Korin's birthday today - I truly appreciate all of you, and your generosity!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bee Happy Rhubarb (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Card Stock: Black (Recollections); White (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: Dots & Stripes Candy Shoppe (Echo Park)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accessories: Charcoal Twine (The Twinery), Button (Cosmo Cricket)

Pin It

37 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

That is SO cute! Love that you colored Rhubarb gray! Great job organizing this hop for Korin!

Julie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love that little bee outfit!!!

Kim said...

Oh, so cute Taylor! Love the layout and the coloring is fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is seriously DARLING!!! I am loving this, my friend! Thanks so much for including me in the hop for our sweet friend and for organizing it all! Gorgeous card and coloring! I'm sure she will love it!

Lydia Fiedler said...

So freaking ridiculously cute that I'm still squealing. I NEED that stamp!!!

Beate said...

Taylor, your card is too, too cute! Thanks for organizing such a fun hop.
Hugs and smiles

Jingle said...

This is super cute! Such a fun card!

Bridget said...

Taylor, this is my fav Rhubarb stamp ever - and your card is SOOOOOO cute! Korin's going to LOOOOOOVE it!

Makiko Jones said...

Taylor, job well done girlfriend!! Your card is bearly cute! Thank you for organizing the hop!

Country Mouse said...

Awww, what a "beary" sweet card!! What a fun hope this is gonna "bee"!!! :)
audrey

Country Mouse said...

Awww, what a "beary" sweet card!! What a fun hope this is gonna "bee"!!! :)
audrey

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What an adorable card Taylor! Its sunshine-y sweetness makes me smile! And so do you. Thanks so much for arranging the hop for Korin. You did a GREAT job!

Hugs,
Lisa

silvia said...

LOVE your "beary bee" :)

Angela Fehr said...

Oh, Happy Birthday to Korin! What an adorable card!

merrymstamper said...

Taylor, this is super sweet!!! love the colour combo on your card. :-)

Cathymac said...

WOW, Taylor...this is beyond adorable! The colors are perfect for this Rhubarb Bee! Korin will love it and this fabulous hop!

Kelly L said...

I love bee images and bear images, so this is one SWEET Rhubarb! :) Great card for Korin as well. I love the embellishments and the bright cheery yellows. TFS with us!

Giovana said...

Super cute card Taylor!!! I love this set as well :)

Krissy said...

Taylor, I am always inspired by your beautiful creations! This one is no exception - it's soooo cute! Happy DT Anniversary to you and Happy Birthday to Korin!

Ceal said...

super adorable! Awesome thing to do for Korin Congrats on your DT anniversary A WELL

Anabé said...

Es preciosa!!!! Felicitaciones...

AmyJ said...

Oh what a cute card. I love it. Happy Birthday to Korin!!!!! And Happy Anniversary to you too. Hope you both have wonderful days.

Alma Dirpaul said...

How nice of you to do a birthdY log or Korin! Love your card.

Scrappychick said...

Awww, little rhubarb is un-bee-lievably cute!! Congrats on your anniversary!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Taylor! I love the colors and the cut out image! Great sketch too! Hope Owen is having a peaceful and pain-free evening!
Happy one-year anniversary! :o)

Jessica said...

Beautiful, Taylor! You are such a kind friend and I'm so thankful for all you do for us at SNSS!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is such a cute card!! i am new to the Sweet n Sassy stamps (just bought the grab bag a couple weeks ago) I love them and can't wait to see the new releases tomorrow!! What a great thing you have done for Korin!! Happy Birthday to her and Happy Anniversary to you!! I am a new follower
Kristan

Patricia said...

Your card is simply darling. I know Korin really appreciates all the talent and time you share with SNSS! Happy anniversary to you, and happy birthday to her!

itzamitzi said...

That little bee is so cute and and what you did with him really makes for a cute card. Happy anniversary to you. How very thoughtful of you to come up with a nice surprise for Korin.

Deb said...

SO ca-ute, Taylor! I love the bright colors and fun layout! Definitely happy and perfect for Korin's birthday!

Michele from MS said...

This card is so sweet Taylor! I love the black and yellow too! I will have to try that! TFS msmith38652@gmail.com
http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Just precious, Taylor! I love this new little set!!

Tricia

Stephanie said...

What an adorable card, Taylor. I really like the way you colored Rhubarb -- who knew he could be so cute as a bee? What a great way to celebrate Korin's b'day. Congrats on your DT anniversary too.

Theresa said...

How sweet of you all to honor Korin on her birthday. All the cards are amazing!! And Taylor, I love your adorable card!!

Jonia said...

I know Korin will love this card! Taylor you are on the ball with the birthday wishes! I have missed seeing your wonderful creations!

Linda Carson said...

How thoughtful to honor Korin w/a hop on her b-day! Your card is really delightful and fun!

Chrissy D said...

Sorry I am late, was travelling yesterday! Love that ADORABLE little bear! Cute card and thanks for organizing this!